Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Steven!


Looking in the sky,
I smile and remember;
I laugh and recall.
Not too long ago,
you were here,
Telling me jokes,
Being on my side,
when no one was there.
You were my friend;
the piece of my heart,
my everything.
Now, you’re watching over me,
Now, you’re the angel dancing upon the stars;
the angel drinking from the Milky Way.
Even though you flew away,
My love for you still lives on;
your memory will always be here to stay.

I wrote this poem called "Angel Upon the Stars" especially for my friend Steven Zaitz, who passed away 3 years ago. Today is his birthday. Every year since his passing, I post this poem on my blog to remember my awesome friend. Happy birthday Stevie Wevie! I love you and always will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lena-beana.lol
there aint know mountion high enough aint know river wide aint know vally low enough..
you use to cry when steven and i sang that 2u.. but i bet u would love hear that again.
seems silly2cry over that nox, dont it??

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...