Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wonderland Camp, Halloween 2009


 












I went to Wonderland Camp for a Halloween weekend on the 23rd and had a blast! A lot of my friends were there like Polly, Kortney, Lynn, Jacob, Caitlin, Chelsea, Toby, Christina, Amy, Ashley, and Sam. It was nice to see them again. On Friday, because it was so cold outside, we had a movie night in the dinning hall. We watched “Monsters Vs. Aliens” and ate popcorn. It was a cute and funny movie. I liked it.

On Saturday, we did Art and Crafts for the most morning, coloring and making paper ghosts. It was hilarious to see Lynn cut out the ghosts for us. He isn’t the counselor who helps Polly with Crafts, but he was trying. Then, we made “dirt cups”, which had chocolate cookies, chocolate pudding, and yummy worms in it. We smashed the cookies in a plastic bag (it was fun smashing them up) and we dumped the crushed cookies in the cup. The counselors then added the pudding and the worms.

That afternoon, we had rest time. While the rest of our cabin took a nap, Kortney and I stayed up and talked. I missed Kortney and it was awesome to spend time with her. After rest time, we had the bonfire and the hay ride. The fire smelt and felt good to me for once and I actually sat by the fire. While we waited our turn for the hay ride, we hung out around the fire, ate our “dirty cups”, and sang songs. Of course, Toby was leading us in the songs. It was great. Finally, it was our cabin’s turn for the hay ride. Everyone was making spooky noises and trying to scare each other during the ride, but it didn’t work. We just made each other laugh.  

Later that evening, we got ready to trick-or-treat around camp and for the dance. I was zombie with a white face and blood coming out of my mouth. I also wore some old and baggy clothes. After everyone was done trick-or-treating, the dance began. The dinning hall was decorated with jack-o’-lanterns, orange lights, fake bats, and of course, the disco ball and the spinning lights. I danced with all of my friends and took pictures. They played a lot of my favorite songs. Everyone had a good time.

On Sunday, we got to sleep in and had a late breakfast. We took some more pictures and got each other’s addresses. Then, by 10:30, everyone began to pack and go home. I had so much fun. I love Wonderland Camp!! I can’t wait until summertime!




No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...