Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Peter Pan

Dear Peter Pan,

Please don’t leave me behind. I still believe in you. I still believe in faith, trust, and pixie dust. You use to take me on the greatest adventures, fighting wicked privates with the Lost Boys, soaring the beautiful skies, and racing with Tinker Bell, but now you’re flying so far ahead of me that you’re nearly out of my sight. Oh Peter, I thought that being adult is what I wanted, but now I realize that I don’t want to become old and cynical. I can’t. I love you and my innocence.  Please Peter, I don’t want to grow up, honest. I’m not ready. I just want to be a little girl and have fun. Don’t go and forget me.

Your Friend Always,
Wendy







(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2010


This is a letter from Wendy to Peter Pan once she realizes that she really didn't want to grow up after all. I got the idea for this letter from listening to Britney Spears' "Everytime". I listened to the song in Wendy's point-of-view.

Thank you again J.M. Barrie for writing a story that all children of all ages love and thank you Britney for having such a pretty song.



No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...