Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wonderland Camp, August 2010 (Week 13)

Last week, I went to Wonderland Camp for the last time this summer. I had a blast! I went with my friends Kortney and Jeff. I also saw some of my old camp friends: Joe, Sophie, Lois, Mary, Angie, Dustin, Rick, John, Toby, Lynn, Elvis, and Marcus. I made some new friends as well: Kelsey, Becka, Zack, and Tim. On Sunday, we had the pool party. I swam, floated, and goofed off with my friends. Beach balls were flying around and everyone had a good time.

On Monday morning, we went to the waterfront at 6am and went on the boat. I fell asleep of course because the movement of the boat is so soothing. That afternoon, we had an inside carnival. It was so cool. They had games and little prizes to win, (and everyone won something no matter what). They also had bubbly music playing and Toby was juggling three balls in the middle of the room. For our snack, we had snow cones. I had a blue, bubblegum flavored one. Later that evening, we had a karaoke night/ice cream party. I sang “Don’t Cha” by the Pussycat Dolls and hung out with Rick, Dustin, John, Elvis, and Tim. While we were in line for ice cream, Dustin surprised me and gave me a friendship bracelet. It was a good evening.

Tuesday morning, we had Crafts, Nature, and Music. In Crafts, we tie-dyed our camp shirts and I dyed my shirt purple and red. In Music, we played limbo and a game called Human Machine, where we had to act and sound like a machine. Then in Nature, we went to the tree house and told stories. I love the tree house. Because it’s so high, it feels like I’m flying. After Nature, we then went to the game room until lunchtime and I played with jukebox. I still love that thing after all of these years. That afternoon, we went swimming. I floated around on my back and just relaxed, talking to friends. Later in the evening, we had movie night. We ate popcorn and watched “Tom and Hunk”. I saw the movie a long time ago, but it was still entertaining.

Wednesday morning, we had Rec, Nature, and Music. In Nature, we shot BB guns and with Kelsey’s help, I almost hit the bulls-eye. In Music, we practiced for the talent show and sang. For Rec, we went to the playground. Marcus, Kortney, and I got on the swings. Then that afternoon, we had another pool party. I swam with Kelsey and Joe and chased each other. It was so much fun. That evening, the talent show began. For my cabin’s group talent, we danced to “All In This Together” from “High School Musical”. For my individual talent, I just sang “Lucky” by Britney Spears. Britney songs are a blast to sing. For John’s talent, he sang “Forever and Always” by Shania Twain to me. It was cute. Joe’s cabin group talent was hilarious. He was dressed as an alien and his campers, who were dressed in black and sunglasses, were chasing him around the room with toy guns while Will Smith’s “Men In Black” was playing. It was great. The talent show was awesome as always!

On Thursday, we were at the pool all morning. Then in the afternoon, we had Beauty Shop and relaxed. I got my nails painted purple and put my hair down with glittery clips in it. Then, Kortney, Sophie, and I hung out with Toby and Lynn until dinnertime. Later, it was time for the dance. I wore my favorite black and purple tank top, my blue skinny jeans, purple eye shadow, and dark lipstick. The music was pumping and lights were everywhere when Kortney and I rolled in. I danced with Angie, Lois, John, Rick, Kelsey, Elvis, Kortney, Jeff, Marcus, Dustin, and Joe. Joe drove my chair around the dance floor and I loved it. I’ll never forget that moment. I was just hyper with my friends all night and by the end of the dance, I was slap happy. I was on cloud nine.

On Friday, after breakfast, we had awards. Kortney and I got the “Best Friends Award” (which Kelsey and Joe made) because Kortney and I did most things together. That afternoon, I mostly just hung out and signed shirts. When Mom and Dad got there to pick me up, I had to hug everyone, especially Joe. I can’t believe that summer is almost over. I have so many good memories, most dealing with camp. I’m looking forward to going back soon.   



No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...