Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Camp 2010

Last weekend, I went to Wonderland Camp. I saw old friends: Kortney, Kelsey, Ashley, Morgan, Sophie, Sam, Jake, Toby, Andrew, Marcella, and Lou. I also made new friends: Lauren and Bethany. Each time that I go back, I realize how much I miss the little things from Wonderland like the noisy dinning hall, the old jukebox that has been there since I could remember, the homey cabins, smiling faces everywhere, and the bumpy rocks underneath my wheels. On Friday evening, we had movie night in the dinning hall. We watched ‘Monsters Vs. Aliens‘. It’s a cute movie. Kortney and I shared our two bags of chips while watching it.

Saturday morning, we had open activities and I did crafts. I made a paper bat to hang on my chair and I made a friendship necklace for my friend Lou. Then in the afternoon, we went on a hay ride and sang songs. The hay ride was quite calming. Kortney and I were laughing at the paper ghosts in the trees. After the hay ride, we had snack and ate Apple Nachos (apples with caramel, nuts, and chocolate chips).  We then had rest time and I took a nap for once. It was nice.  After dinner, we dressed up and trick-or-treated around camp. I was an evil queen with a black cape and silver crown. The dance started afterwards. With the music pumping as always, everyone was dancing and all I could see were masks and costumes. They also had the Mizzou football game on mute on the big-screen TV and people would suddenly cheer when the team made a touchdown. I’m not a sports fan but I still thought that it was cool. I danced with Jake and his parents, Kelsey, Morgan, Kortney, Ashley, Sophie, and Toby. It was a fun night. 

On Sunday, we ate breakfast and just played bingo until our rides got there. This weekend was a blast! It was good to see some old friends. Now the countdown until summer starts, down to when I go back to Wonderland. I might go two or three times this summer. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...