Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't Break Pete's Heart


This song that you're about to read is about a fictional girl who loves a guy but the guy loves another girl. In the song, she's telling the other girl not to break his heart. I was listening to Taylor Swift when this popped in my head. 



Verse 1: Pete adores everything that you do.
He’s so hopelessly devoted to you,
but you seem to overlook him,
play with his heart like a toy,
going out with boy after boy.
And I just watch helplessly,
as he tries to dance your cruel tango.
I don’t understand,
Can’t you see what you have?
Prince Charming does exist and he’s right in front of you!

Chorus: Please don’t break Pete’s heart,
Please don’t abandon him out in the cold.
I know that you don’t want commitment,
but he shouldn‘t end up hurt.
He’s so passionate, so loving,
He could be the one.
If I was you, I would consider myself a lucky woman.
don’t do something you might someday regret.
Please don’t…Please don’t break Pete’s heart.

Verse 2: I can see Pete’s beautiful eyes brighten up every time you walk by,
His warm smile widen when you just say hi.
I can see his love for you,
singing and praying for you,
He just wants to hold you close,
while you mock him as if he’s just another fool.
I don’t understand,
Can’t you see what you have?
Prince Charming does exist and he’s right in front of you!

Chorus

Bridge: Pete gave you his heart,
telling you his deepest secrets,
promising you the moon and stars,
but you always tear him apart.
I won’t ever say this aloud,
but I wish that I was you.
I would never hurt him,
never let him go.
I would love him with all of my might.
I would never..I would never break Pete’s heart.

Chorus

…Prince Charming does exist and he’s right in front of you.



©Lena Holdman, all right reserved 2011
 






No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...