Saturday, February 12, 2011

the Man of My Dreams



Since I'm single again and it's right before Valentine's Day (in a feeble attempt of not being bitter), I decided to dream up a guy. Fantasy is better than reality. Enjoy! 

The Man of My Dreams 

I can just see him now, the man of my dreams. He’s probably very sexy, hopelessly romantic, amazingly kind and compassionate, extremely brave and adventurous and a little rough around the edges, but very silly and fun. He’s probably a private investigator or a cop (I’ve always been attracted to those guys). He probably has a handgun in his car at all times and he probably always wears dark sunglasses. He’s probably strong, muscular, and probably has a movie star smile. He probably drives a black Cadillac with leather seats. He’s probably also very rebellious and doesn’t take crap from anybody.

I bet we’ll meet at the library. Because his computer at his office will be broke, he’ll be using the library‘s, doing some research for an important case and I’ll be passing by. I’ll accidentally drop a book and he’ll pick it up for me and smile, gazing deeply into my eyes. When we first meet, we’ll have this amazing, special, and almost freakish connection and it’ll feel like I had known him all my life.

He’ll take me for a ride on his motorcycle, which he only drives on weekends around town. Then, he’ll take me dancing and as we slow dance, he’ll sing to me. Even though he’s a really bad singer, I'll love it because it'll make me feel special. When we kiss, it will so passionate, so hot, and magical that I’ll feel like a beautiful princess in a fairy tale. His kiss will taste sweeter than cotton candy and his lips will be soft and warm.

He’ll make an effort to spend time with me everyday no matter what. He’ll also know how to make me laugh (he’ll do silly voices and impersonations, tell me jokes, and more). He’ll take me to special places and events like rock concerts, theme parks, and museums. We’ll probably even have a secret place where we go to be alone; an old and abandoned house or on a rooftop of a tall building. Everyday with him will probably be an adventure but on days when we have nothing to do, he’ll snuggle with me in bed and read a book with me or just talk to me. We’ll always have fun together. Not only he would be my faithful lover, he’ll be one of my best friends. He’ll never treat me differently because I’m in a wheelchair and he’ll see me, not just my disability. He’ll love me for who I am. He’ll listen to me when I talk and ask me for my opinions on things.

He’ll understand that I sometimes get overly emotional and dramatic. I could cry in front of him and not feel embarrassed. He’ll be my prince charming, my knight in shining armor. When I get in trouble, he’ll be there to break down the door and rescue me. I’ll feel safe when I’m with him.

He’ll never force or pressure me into things like marriage. He’ll let me make my own decisions without complaint and not be threatened by it. When we do get married, it’ll feel so right. We’ll be a perfect couple. We haven’t met yet but I know that we’re meant to be. Someday, he’ll come into my life and change it forever. I’ll finally be with a man that I always wanted. We’ll live happily ever after.



©Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2011

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...