Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Monster...A Murderer

Even though I still love you,
you’re my drug that I’m still addicted to,
I know the truth behind the fable of you,
I know that you lost your mind and soul.
As you hold me,
I can see the blood on your hands,
I can even hear the helpless screams.

One night you came home late.
I was fast asleep,
dreaming of innocent things.
I then heard your soft footsteps, woke up with a start;
And what I saw made my heart stop.
You were soaked with sweat and blood,
And in your hand, you held blood stained blade.
I was shocked,
I was terrified.
My voice shaking,
I exclaimed: “What happened Love, what happened?”
Your reply was quick,
so matter-of-a-fact.
With your voice of slick,
you sounded gentle and disturbingly calm,
sweet but demonic.
That was the moment that I was consumed with fear.
You simply said: “Baby, I’m a murderer.”


You’re the monster that campfire stories warned me about,
the crazed monster that lurks at night.
I try to close my eyes,
but in my mind,
I can see the hell,
I can see it all;
The constant bloodshed,
the violence,
the pleas from your helpless victims.
Despite all of the evil,
I still need you.
Maybe I’m insane too,
I can’t walk away.
I love you with everything that I hold dear;
It’s sick and I know it.
I’m in love with a monster…a murderer.


(c)Lena Holdman, All rights reserved 2011

 I'm in a dark poet mood. A fictional poem about a girl who sees a terrifying truth but doesn't run. 

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...