Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friendly Cat



Friendly Cat


I'm sitting in front of my bedroom window. The sky is gray and melancholy just like my mood. Nightmares had haunted me the night before; horrific nightmares of my friend being shot and killed in cold blood right in front of me. All I could do was scream over and over as I watched my friend die. Even though I knew that it was only a nightmare and that my friend was completely fine, it still bothered me. Now my baggy eyes, due to lack of sleep, are watching the outside. I see the trees slowly sway in the ghoulish sounding wind and I hear the birds chirping and fluttering about. I'm just sipping my iced, sweet coffee when I see a white and black cat walking across the wooden fence that separates my yard and my neighbors‘. This small cat stops mid-step, sits, and bends its head down, looking like it’s bowing to me. It’s as if to say, "Good morning Miss". I giggle. Then it continues walking. The silly moment with the cat makes me smile and forget the nightmares.  That’s when the bright sun comes out, warming my face.


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2011

I was in a silly mood when I wrote this. Plus, I do see this cat most mornings. A horror story is coming soon, I promise.

No comments:

World Down Syndrome Day! 💛🩵

  Happy World Down Syndrome Day! #ILoveSuperCooper Smooches and think Tink! 💛💙