Friday, July 8, 2011

Dear Max




Dear Max,
If you ever read this,
I just want you to know how important you are to me.
You’re my best friend, my safe haven, my fantasy, my light.
When I’m around you,
everything feels so right.
My heart feels joyful and protected.
We do the silliest things,
Like running up and down the street,
like spinning around and around till we’re dizzy.
I can do nothing but smile when you’re near,
You sing to me and the world disappears.
I don’t care about the words,
The beauty is in your voice.
I know that I can never be your girl
that my dream of us can’t ever come true
but I needed to say at lease on paper that my feelings are real.
I truly love you.
You might think that you’re just an ordinary guy
but to me, you’re more special than the moon in the sky.


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2011

Max is made up! ;-)

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...