Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wonderland Fall Camp 2011



Last weekend I went to Wonderland Camp for the Fall Festival. I saw my old friends: Kortney, Angie, Mary, Whitney, Tesha, Hope, Colleen, Lois, Ann, Michelle, Chris, Allen, Alena, Polly, Kelsey, Sam, and Bethany. I also made some new friends: Caroline and Abby. It was my brother-in-law’s niece Lauren’s first time being at Wonderland as well. On Friday when we first got there, we just hung out in the dinning hall and watched a movie called “Bridge to Terabithia” . I always liked that movie. Despite it having a sad ending, I noticed that during the movie all of the campers, including Kortney and I, were extremely hyper and were practically bouncing off of the walls. I think that we were only half watching the movie. It was awesome to see everyone’s smiles. Later that evening, we sat around the campfire, sang songs, and ate s’mores. It was a beautiful, nippy, starry night with the campfire aroma in the air. Kortney, Lauren, and I were staring at sparkling stars. I made a wish on a star that looked bigger and brighter from the rest. It was a great, relaxing night.

On Saturday morning, we went to the water front and rode the boat. It was a blustery ride and Kortney and I sat close to each other to keep warm. After the boat ride, Angie and I hung out in the dinning hall while I drank my Pepsi Throwback. Later that afternoon, we had a hay ride. Kortney, Hope, Kelsey, Angie, Mary, Lauren, and I were goofing around on the ride, making each other laugh. Then after the ride, we painted pumpkins and it was fun and messy. My pumpkin was very colorful. At dinnertime, I got a special surprise. Alena had a special letter for me and I had to sing a silly song to her to get it (sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the only song that popped in my head at the time). It was so funny. The letter was from my friend Joe and I was so, so excited! Then that evening, the dance began. I wore my glittery gray shirt, my black skinny jeans, and black shoes. The hall was filled with rumbling music and the spinning lights were as dazzling as ever. The crowd was a mixture of people wearing Halloween costumes and people just wearing dress clothes. It was an interesting sight. I danced with all of my friends, especially Chris, Hope, Angie, Whitney, Michelle, and Lauren. It was an amazing night!!

On Sunday, we just played bingo in the morning. I finally won! After bingo, I went to the game room then the cabin. I was reading a random book until my parents came. The book was “the return of the Indian”, the sequel to “the Indian in the Cupboard”. This weekend was a blast! It was good to see friends. I’m looking forward to next summer, to more extraordinary memories.

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...