Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blissfully Peculiar




Everyday we talk for hours and hours,
I can count on you anywhere, anytime. 
You, my partner in crime;
my best friend who just appeared out of nowhere.  
We laugh at things what others think are weird, 
We speak a language that is blissfully peculiar,
being in our own little world.
When I get too dark, too cynical, 
there you are, 
slaying the monster, saving me from the high tower, making me smile. 

Silly, sweet, and perfectly uncanny, 
having you feels so lucky.
It’s true, age is just a number. 
It doesn’t matter how old or young you are;
With some heart, a true friendship could last forever.  


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2011 

For a friend :)


No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...