Thursday, March 8, 2012

Smashing the Mirror



I am standing in front of a smashed mirror.
The glass is cracked and pieces are everywhere on the floor;
My reflection is distorted, so beyond repair.
Blood drips off of the broken glass as angry tears fill my eyes.
My closed fist has deep cuts from trying to punch out a person that I sometimes hate,
a pathetic soul that tries to hide from her own life.

It’s the woman crying in the mirror.
She is possessed with loneliness and fear.
She still feels like a helpless little girl,
not knowing who she can trust anymore.
Her heart has been abused by insecurity and betrayal. 
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
who is the most lost of them all?

I loathe what she is becoming,
She believes that her spirit has been shot down
but I swear, she will remember how to fight again.
I will remind her after the tears, she won’t hurt forever.
The happy thoughts are waiting for her
and I will be smiling into a whole new mirror.  


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2012

Very therapeutic.

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...