Monday, March 26, 2012

the Torn Girl


Once upon a time,
there was a girl who was completely torn.
She had a man that told that he loved her;
vowed that he would die without her but she was doubting forever,
for her heart was longing for another.
Even though she really cared,
even though she would never hurt him,
he wasn’t the one in her daydreams.

She was mesmerized by the tattooed soldier with a magical smile;
the charming soldier that she loved from afar.
He wasn’t like the others.
Fun and captivating, the kind of romance that she desired.
The soldier then went bravely off to war and her lonely soul ended up in the arms of her anxious lover.

Now as the horror went on outside of her door,
she looked at her overprotective lover,
wishing that he was the breathtaking soldier.
In her mind she would confess her true devotion and ask:
“Why can’t you be him?
Why can’t you love me like he loves me?
Can’t you see that we’re meant to be?
Oh please,
all I wish for is you,
your face haunts me no matter what I do.”

She wanted to run through the trenches;
to her soldier but her fear took over.
What if everyone abandoned her?
Being alone is what she couldn’t bear.
Her overbearing lover is all she had.
As the bombs went off, she silently screamed.
She was trapped…trapped…trapped!


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2012 

About a fictional love triangle

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...