Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Disobedient



Disobedient 
By: Lena Holdman


There was once a young woman who was perfectly imperfect;
a woman who was eccentrically, beautifully different.
Though everyone loved her,
they would pick out her mistakes and scold her like a child!
She was supposed to act naïve, innocent, obedient;
wear white not black.
She was expected to be concerned about what they think and jump when they said so.
She felt like an overused, broken toy.

Finally one day, she said: “I have my own mind!
Everyone has flaws,
Why do you have to pick at mine to the bone?
I’m not your puppet or slave,
I don’t have to do what anyone says!”

Then she just continued to yell: “You better burn me, this defiant witch, at the stake now,
for I’ll just do what you won’t allow.
There is no way in hell that you’ll change how I feel,
This is me, so shut up and deal!” 




(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2012






This is about rebellion and I was sort of venting a little. The song above is "Acting Out" by Ashley Tisdale. 

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...