Friday, May 25, 2012

A Trip to the Mall...And the Elevator



My mom and I went to the mall today and I was excited. Mom willingly going to the mall is rare because she hates shopping (unlike me who would blow all of my money if I had my way :) ). We were going upstairs and headed towards the elevator. We saw that the elevator was out of order and we both sighed. I realize that to other people, this would be no big deal and they would just take the escalator but to someone who can't walk, it's slightly annoying. Mom and I wandered around Macy's, trying to find an elevator. They had one but it only went up and down the levels of that store, not the mall levels themselves. Even though it was irritating, I was still having fun and looking around. Finally, a friendly guard showed us another mall elevator. He was so nice. He's probably a cool grandpa. 


After our mini adventure, we continued our shopping. I got things like a pink and black skull book bag and an Edward Cullen t-shirt from Hot Topic. It was a very good day but the reason why I wrote this entry is to tell all malls to make sure all of their elevators are working. Handicapped people and their caregivers depend on them.   

No comments:

World Down Syndrome Day! 💛🩵

  Happy World Down Syndrome Day! #ILoveSuperCooper Smooches and think Tink! 💛💙