Saturday, April 20, 2013

Not the Victim

Not the Victim 

For too many years,
I’ve been a damsel in distress;
Screaming for help every time that you suffocate me with cruel words.
You had the power, you held all of the cards.
My heart has painful scars;
They never fade,
Always reminding me of your hate!
But now I finally have a fighting spirit;
Telling me, “Just don’t cry and take it!”

I’m not the victim anymore,
I’ve gained the strength, the courage
because of all of the things that I’ve endured.
It’s time for me to speak up, stand my ground, fight back!
Go ahead, do your worse;
Now my soul won’t crack!
Because that all I say is “Screw you!”
No matter what you say or do,
your dictatorship is through.
The tears have finally turned into anger,
I’m not the victim anymore, I’m not your victim anymore!
   

(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2013

This poem is about standing up for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Еѵеryone lονеs what you guys are
uр too. Thіs type of сleνer work and геportіng!
Keep up the aωesome worκs guys І've included you guys to blogroll.

Feel free to surf to my web-site: http://smtp2.faithhighway.com/wiki/index.php/User:KattieTap

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...