Thursday, July 18, 2013

Really...Still?



Really...Still?

I fantasize about being in the crook of your arm,
being completely spellbound by your charm.
I gawk at old pictures,
listening to the silly play list that I made so many summers ago
with the songs that I can still sing over and over.
I can’t help it, I have to giggle.
You walk by and I’m mesmerized by the twinkle in your eyes.
The moment that you’re next to me,
my stomach fills with a rabble of butterflies.
The high when I’m with you feels so beautiful;
My friends just shake their heads and ask: “Really…still?”

Like idolizing a real superhero,
I admire everything that you do.
In my eyes, you’re perfect through and through.
I had never changed how I feel;
My dad just raises his eyebrow and asks: “Really…still?”

You’re who Taylor Swift is singing about,
You’re my Ethan Wate;
The boy who is willing to sacrifice everything,
when everyone stops believing.
You never let me go dark,
catching me when my hopes go downhill.
You’re on every page of my notebook;
And for anyone who dares to look,

I’ll answer: “Yes, really…still.”       


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2013 

I was thinking about someone while writing this but it's just a fun, summertime love poem. 

Ethan Wate is a character from the "Beautiful Creatures" book series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Ethan is the ideal boyfriend to me. :) 

No comments:

World Down Syndrome Day! 💛🩵

  Happy World Down Syndrome Day! #ILoveSuperCooper Smooches and think Tink! 💛💙