Thursday, October 10, 2013

beyond Imagination


                                                                          
                                     

Beyond Imagination 

On a dark Halloween night, under a blood moon, I’m deep in the woods, dancing madly with the most evil of creatures. Zombies with their slimy, rotting flesh crave for human brains, as they move aimlessly in circles. Being only shadow figures, faceless demons whisper alluring, deceitful promises, as they waltz about. Vampires twirl seductively, their sharp fangs bright, as they call out for their victims. Dark sorceresses and sorcerers with their long, red, flowing robes conjure up the depths of Hell, as screaming wraiths hover above us.   

The evil then spreads beyond the woods, beyond imagination. Jason Voorhees decapitates a group of local campers with his great, lethal machete. Haunting her nightmares, Freddy Krueger slashes tiny Alice’s tummy, disemboweling the innocent sleeper; all the while Chucky the doll is asking all of the little kiddies to come out and play, luring them to their graves.

Why is an ordinary, harmless woman like me associating with such evil? You better look again. Do you see my eyes? They are glowing hellish red. Do you see my smile? It is a wide, soulless, Jack-o'-lantern-like grin. Now look closer. Do you see the huge butcher knife that is dripping blood in my hand? This is the part where you run feebly, where you scream for help but no one comes. It’s no use. I will get you, gut you like a fish, hang you in a nearby tree, and continue dancing madly, as your body decays. 




(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2013


Happy Halloween! ;-) 



No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...