Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Dark Reboot of "Power Rangers"





The video above is "POWER/RANGERS", a short film by Joseph Kahn. It's a dark version of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers." I loved Power Rangers as a kid and I admit that I still watch it sometimes. When I heard about this film, my first thought was:"Oh great, another show from my childhood is ruined!" I usually don't like things from my childhood to be rewritten or changed like the time when Disney made a creepy video game or like when I seen that Rainbow Brite had been turned into an anime cartoon. I get ridiculously angry (lol) but I watched this video out of curiosity. As I was watching, I was amazed. Even though it was dark and gory, I liked it. I might have even watched this as a full-length movie. Power Rangers isn't ruined. This short film just had a darker plot than the 90's show but I wouldn't suggest letting kids watch it though. It would be a rated 'R' movie.   

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...