Friday, October 30, 2015

Wonderland Camp, October 2015








I had a blast at Wonderland Camp last weekend! I saw my old friends: Gianna, Dustin, Melissa, Shelby, Ann, Mark, and Jason. I also made some new friends: Abbie, Cindy, Aaron, and Kalie. On Friday, before dinner, I got on the zip line. I always love that thing. It feels like I'm flying. Then, we were supposed to do a craft, using popcorn and candy corn but I was too busy eating the candy corn to actually do the craft. :) During crafts, a guy dressed as a pirate walked in. He called himself Captain Scalawag. I think that he was from a restaurant or something. He looked so much like Johnny Depp that I wanted to take a picture with him. After dinner, we had a camp fire. We sang silly camp songs and ate gooey, delicious s'mores in the chilly evening.

On Saturday morning, we painted pumpkins and colored pictures. Then, we played inside hockey in the dining hall, using pool noodles as sticks and a beach ball as the puck. It was funny. I got confused to what team I was on but I got the ball in a goal once. 

In the afternoon, we then rode the boat. The wind was freezing cold but everyone bundled up and the boat ride was still relaxing. I just took a shower afterwards to warm up. For a craft, we made ooey gooey (it's like slime that you play with). We then shot BB guns (Dustin helped me). During rest time, I told a scary story to Kalie about a camp demon that knocked on cabin doors at night. Everyone was laughing hysterically. 

Later that evening, the real Halloween fun began. I dressed up as Jack Skeleton. We trick-or-treated around camp (more candy, yay). Then, we went through the haunted house. There were fake, stringy spider webs everywhere, spooky music, red and black lights, and people were jumping out at us. It was awesome! Other campers were sort of scared but I thought that it was cool. I only screamed to make campers waiting in line think that it was scarier than it really was. ;) After the haunted house, we took a hayride. Finally, after the hayride, we went to the dance. I was dancing, singing, laughing, and playing around with friends. It was so much fun! 

On Sunday, everyone got ready to go home. The weekend was very cool and it was good to see old friends and meeting some new, awesome people. I always have fun at my secondary home. I can't wait until next summer, for more amazing stories.  


No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...