Thursday, February 4, 2016

Good Girl Act




                          

Good Girl Act  

I'm not sorry that I'm not perfect. 

I won't do the fake good girl act,
forcing a camera-ready smile, being obedient. 
I'm not sorry that I'm not your angelic marionette, 
just dancing around mindlessly for your own amusement. 
I'm not submissive or stupid, 
This is me. 
Oh, you don't like the way I am? 
Well, watch me, 
Not giving a damn.
Deal with it!


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2015/2016 

Author/Poet Notes: Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind or be yourself. It's okay to make mistakes and take chances. You don't have to be what everyone else expects you to be.  






No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...