Monday, June 6, 2016

Right Here



Right Here 

I'll always remember when I met my sweet neighbor girl. 
Every night she would come over, 
Sit in a ball,
Sitting at my window.
With the candle light making her face glow, 
she would smile at me like there was no tomorrow.  
We were the closest of friends but I wanted to be more. 
I wanted to tell her about all of the feelings that I hid inside
but I was so unsure. 
I would think, 
"How could someone ordinary like me be with someone amazing like her?" 

One night, she caught me staring.  
As if she knew what I was thinking,
she turned around to face me, 
Smiling and said: 
"I'm right here, Love. 
You're worth it, you're enough. 
Take a breath, 
Take a chance. 
I'm ready to hold your hand, 
Just tell me when. 
If you love me, 
say it aloud. 
I'll always be there for you, I vow.
You're what I dream of, 
I'm right here, I'm right here, Love." 


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2016


Author Notes: Believe it or not, this poem came from a dream that I had on Friday. In the dream, the poem was actually a love song. It was an epic duet between One Direction and an unknown blonde girl. It was very sweet.

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...