Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wonderland Camp, October 2016





Last weekend, I had a blast at Wonderland Camp! I saw my old friends: Cookie, Ann, Melissa, Tobi, Kate, Emma, Gianna, Dustin, and Mark. I also made new friends: Stephanie, Deb, and Krista. On Friday, we had a campfire, singing songs and ate gooey, delicious s'mores. Cookie and I had the s'mores, some of my vanilla Pepsi, then some warm, cinnamon-tasting apple cider (no wonder I was so hyper that night). It was fun.

On Saturday, we had arts and crafts in the morning. We painted pumpkins, made masks, and made Halloween decorations. We decorated paper tea light holders to be set out on the trail for the tractor ride that night. I drew the Blair Witch stick figures, clowns, and wrote creepy messages on mine like: Beware! Turn back!! We see you. I really got into it. Then, we shot BB guns with Dustin and did archery with Mark. Every time that I do archery, I always think of the Hunger Games. I feel like Katniss when I shoot arrows.   

My friends Kate and Emma came to visit me during lunchtime. I was excited to see them! Before lunch, Kate, Emma, and I went on a walk and listened to Shane Dawson (Kate knows me so well). 

After lunch, my cabin rode the boat. It was bumpy but relaxing. There was a lot of people on the water. I guess that people wanted to ride their boats before the weather changed. 

After the boat ride, we had an egg drop, which is when campers drop eggs on counselors' heads and try not to break the eggs. It's funny. On the way to the game room, I saw that Dustin left his walkie-talkie unattended and as a prank, while he wasn't looking, Krista and I hooked the walkie to my seat belt. It took him forty-five minutes, until dinner time for him to realize that it was gone and who took it. It was hilarious! Cookie and I couldn't stop laughing. 

Later that night, we put on our costumes. I dressed as Jack Skellington. First, we went trick-or-treating around camp (I always get in touch with my inner-child at camp). Then, we rode the tractor. After the tractor, we went through the camp haunted house. The jumpscares legitly spooked me this year. It was awesome. Once we left the haunted house, the dance began. There were spinning lights, a disco ball, even a fog machine. I danced with all of my friends and sang. It was an amazing night! 

Sunday went fast, too fast. We played Bingo and I don't usually play but I got bingo four times. Then, I hung out in the game room until my parents picked me up. The weekend was so much fun! Anytime that I go to camp, it's a funny adventure and I constantly have memories to replay in my mind.   


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds fun! I love that you enjoy is so much there.

Amanda said...

Sounds fun! I love that you enjoy is so much there.

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...