Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Can I Have This Dance? (a dream entry)


Before you read about my awesome, romantic dream that I had last night, I wanted you to know that this entry isn't for Valentine's day. I won't totally go into my anti-Valentine's Day rant again (most of you already know how I feel about this day) but I don't think that we need a holiday for us to have love and romance. With that said, here's what happened in my dream: 





I was at a dance in a fancy ballroom. I was wearing a flowing, powder blue dress (I've always wanted a dress like Wendy Darling in real life). 



The characters from the Archie comics and Disney characters were there.  


My mom was my chaperone for some odd reason, (lol). Then, Shane Dawson and Lily Marston walked in.  

I wanted to ask Shane to dance but I was too nervous. Lily was dancing with Archie. Veronica Lodge then encouraged me to go over and talk to Shane. I slowly walked towards him and tapped his shoulder. 

"Hi Lena," he said with a grin, turning around to face me. I didn't know how he knew my name but I didn't care. We were talking and he was so funny and sweet of course. Then, a slow song came on. 

Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, I asked: "Wanna dance?" 

"I can try," he smiled shyly. 

He slowly twirled me towards him. His hands were on my waist and my arms were around his neck. We were swaying back and forth, smiling and laughing. It felt like we were gliding around the dance floor. I rested my head on his shoulder for a few minutes and as everyone watched us dance, I gradually woke up to my mom's voice.



No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...