Sunday, July 2, 2017

Wonderland Camp, June 2017




I had lots of fun at Wonderland Camp last week! I saw my old friends: Brittany, Bridy, Lexi, Ann, Shelby, Becky, Jeff, Jason, Mark, Dustin, and Jennifer (aka "Cookie"). I also made new friends: Sam, Remi, Yaw, and Kortney (different girl, same spelling lol). It was medieval week. On Sunday, we had a pool party. Cookie, Brittany, Yaw, and I hung out on the splash pad and the water was slightly cold but it was fun. Then, we ate heavenly delicious s'mores. I also hung out with Jeff and Mark at the campfire. It was a great evening.

On Monday, we shot bb guns in the morning. Kortney helped me but I pulled the trigger on my own and I hit the target once. After shooting, we went on the wobbly bridge and did the zip-line. The zip-line was so much fun! It felt like I was Peter Pan flying above the trees. It tickled my stomach and couldn't stop screaming out of happiness. (Video is down below). 



Then, for Free-Flow (free time), Cookie, Kortney, Yaw, and I hung out on the splash pad again. What can I say? Cookie and I love that thing! 

Later that evening, we had a race. It was a riot to drive my wheelchair fast.

On Tuesday, we had Archery and shot hay-bale targets.Then, we had Music with Dustin and we played our version of Charades. We were split up into two groups and we acted out and sang things for the other group to guess the words/phrases/movie titles. As our "prize", we got to do funny things to Dustin like pouring ice down his shirt and pouring paint or baby powder on his head. It was hilarious! Later that afternoon, Cookie and I went on the huge swing. They pulled us way high, it dropped, and we swung up in the air. (Video is down below).  


It felt like we were flying at supersonic speed. My heart was pounding, my stomach did flip-flops, and I was screaming/laughing. It was so awesome!! For Free-Flow, we sang karaoke. I sang "1985" by Bowling For Soup. Later that night, Cookie, Brittany, Bridy, Ann, and I slept outside in the Rec field in a tent. I never slept outside before in my life and it was fun. The camp was very pretty at night. 


On Wednesday, we had Nature in the morning and we made name tags with sticks and paper. Then in Arts and Crafts, we tie-dyed our camp shirts and my shirt was purple, orange, and green. I also made a paper bookmark. After Crafts, we had Rec and did bowling using pins and a beach ball. I was being funny and sort of cheated. I crashed my wheelchair into the pins, knocking them over. Everyone was cracking up. Later that afternoon, we rode a pirate ship and it was coolest! It looked like Captain Hook's ship.   






I loved it! Later for Free-Flow, I went to talent show practice. I was going to sing Ruth B's "Lost Boy" for my talent. 

Later that evening, the talent show began. It was so sweet, entertaining, and funny. 

Thursday was "camp day". It basically became a Renaissance fair with costumes, battles, a castle, and stuff. There was banner making and "sorcery" (cool science tricks). There was even an actual horse that we got to pet. 

Later before dinner, there was a tournament, where the counselors pretended to be knights and jousted. It was so funny! Our cabin leader, Sam won the tournament too. 

After dinner, the dance began. I wore my purple blouse, my black jacket, bluejeans, black shoes, my purple eye shadow, and my dark red lipstick. Some of the girls and I also decided to put some glitter on ourselves. I looked like Tinkerbell that was going to a rave with Ke$ha. It was all over but I loved how I looked. The music was booming and the lights were twinkling. I danced, sang, and laughed with all of my friends. Brittany and Bridy even picked me up and danced with me. The night rocked! 

Friday was bittersweet. We got our awards. I got the Adventure Award (Brittany made it). We then saw the slideshow and it made me smile. We then hung out for the rest of the day until our rides picked us up. I had some awesome experiences that week. I'll never forget it. I did miss home but I didn't want the week to end. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had fun. Although, I think you're crazy for doing that swing! Hahaha. Love you

lena said...

Love you!

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...