Friday, November 7, 2014

Wonderland Camp, Fall 2014



The weekend of October 24th, I went to Wonderland Camp and had a blast! I saw my old friends: Dustin, Alena, Jacob, Cheryl (Jacob’s mom),  Ashlee, Shelby, Gianna, “Shirley”, Kirstie, Ann, and Jason. I also made new friends with Jacob’s sister, Hannah. On Friday, we had a campfire and it was a brisk but pretty night. We sang, told stories, and Dustin played his guitar. I hung out with Jacob, Cheryl, and Hannah at the campfire while I ate my sticky, deliciously sweet s’mores. Jacob was showing me what cool stuff he could do on his communication board. We were talking and laughing all the time. It was a great night!

On Saturday, It was nonstop fun. We didn't even really have rest time for once. It was go, go, go! I liked it. First, we did crafts. I decorated some paper skulls with some stickers and painted tiny houses. We also made some friendship bracelets. Jacob and Hannah made me an adorable bracelet with my name on it. Then, we went outside and got our faces painted. I got a skull on one cheek and crossbones on another. After the face painting, we shot BB guns. I actually hit the target without a lot of help. After shooting, we painted pumpkins. I painted my pumpkin black, purple, and red.

Later, that evening, people were getting ready for the Halloween dance.  I was a sorceress. I washed my face, painted my nails black, put on my favorite red lipstick, wore a black and red gown, a golden, star necklace, and a black cape. I also carried a wand that my mom made. Before the dance,  we got to go trick-or-treating around camp (camp is the only place where you can get back in touch with your inner-child) and go in a “haunted house.” I thought that the haunted house was going to be silly, childish with paper ghosts or something but it was legit. It was awesome! The cabin was dark and scary decorations were everywhere with spooky music playing. People in make-up and masks were crawling on the floor or jumping out. I also remember that the word REDRUM was painted on the wall. The haunted house rocked!

At the dance, everyone was in flashy costumes. There was a doctor, a Ninja Turtle, an Eskimo, a lifeguard, Gumbie, and many more. The booming music was playing in the dining hall and the always colorful lights were around me. I chased around and danced with all of my friends. I was singing at the top of my lungs and laughed so hard. It was so much fun!

On Sunday, everyone just relaxed until our rides got there. Wonderland Camp rules! Every summer and every fall is always an adventure that I’ll forever remember. The memories are imprinted on my mind for me to smile at later. I can’t wait until the next time!

  

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...