Tuesday, July 18, 2017

the Dark Angel




the Dark Angel 

There was once a dark angel; 
With a heart of Heavenly light
but with a damned soul from a demonic kiss, 
from the darkest night. 
She traded in her holy grace for lust and sinful powers.
This fallen angel used her tainted powers to protect all of the Lord's children. 
No harm ever came to them.  


On the night of their birth,
she gave herself their sicknesses, 
their pain, 
their fears and heartbreaks. 
The babes could live happily in the sunlight, 
While she dwelled in agony in the quiet darkness. 

At the end of each night, 
her demon lover would carry her away 
with its wings wrapped around her almost limp body. 
Every night, 
At their hellish tower, 
In their unholy bed,
she would whisper into its ear: 

"No child will know hurt or fear, 
They have my life and my word."
"I will always be there, 
fighting the cruelties of this world."



(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2017 


No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...