Sunday, January 28, 2018

What We Own (a poem)



What We Own  

We are now, the past, the future. 

Our friendship will be something what history will gladly remember. 
We don't listen what others are saying or follow the latest trends, 
we rock out to the beat to our own drum and just do us. 
Are people hating on this? 
Oh, come on, 
go ahead and let them, 
Let's just have some fun! 

If you're about to fall down, 

I'll catch you before you hit the ground. 
If you're about to drown, 
I'll dive under and give you my air. 
People might not understand us, 
Throwing their sticks and stones
but the fight is on, 
Let's show them what we're made of, 
what we always have owned within! 



(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2018 


Poet Notes: I heard this poem as a song in a dream last night. In the dream, I was in an all-girl punk rock band and no one knew our true identities. We played and wrote our own music but we also fought crime and investigated paranormal activity. We had fighting skills and magic powers too. It was like a mixture of Jem and the Holograms, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and Hannah Montana but on acid and steroids, lol. 

Smooches and think Tink! 💋

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...