Sunday, November 13, 2011

For Kortney, Jeff, and Jay (a cover of Eminem's "Hailie's Song")

 

*speaking*: I can’t sing
but I feel like singin’
I wanna freakin’ sing,
cause I’m happy…yeah, I’m happy. 
I have the greatest friends ever!
Check it out.

*singing*: Verse 1: Some days I sit, starin’ out at the window, 
watchin’ this world pass me by. 
Sometimes I just wish for more.
I almost break down and cry.

Sometimes I think I’m crazy,
I’m crazy, oh so crazy.
Does anybody listen to me? 

But then I see them next to me, 
Suddenly I’m not crazy. 
It all makes sense when I look into their eyes.  

Chorus:  Sometimes it feels like the world’s on my shoulders
or like no one understands me, 
cause sometimes it feels the world’s almost over, 
But then I see my friends smile at me.

Verse 2: We’ve had grown up together, 
becoming a family over time.
They never change or criticize me 
But others don’t get my eccentric thoughts,
refusing to see my real side. 

I act like that crap don’t phase me, 
inside it drives me crazy. 
My insecurities could eat me alive.

But then I see them next to me, 
Suddenly I’m not crazy, 
It all makes sense when I look into their eyes. 

Chorus

*rapping*: Verse 3: Kortney, Jeff, and Jay,
the ones who have been there come what may, my second family that went through the good and the bad. 
Yeah it’s true, this has always been a rocky, dramatic friendship but I swear it’ll never sink. Like glue, we will always stick. We will never break and they’ll always have my back.
This song is for the most awesome best friends that anyone could have: Kortney, the protective Mother Hen who would never leave me behind; Jeff, the little jokester who makes me smile when tears come to my eyes; And Jay, our older brother who reminds me that there’s more out there, To them, all I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you. Without you I don’t know what I would do. Your friendship is the best gift, the weight of the world is always lifted. 

*singing*: Verse 4: Now it don’t feel like the world’s on my shoulders,
Now everyone listens to me, 
cause my friends make me feel like a solider,
Nothing can hurt me when they’re by me. 

*speaking*: Hey guys, I’ve never told you this but all three of you mean a lot to me. If you ever need me, I’ll be right there no matter what. I love you guys. xxx 

(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2011
*Eminem and Shady Records owns the original song "Hailie's Song", not me. I wrote a cover*.

I was listening to Eminem today so I thought it would be fun to rewrite a song. Even though some of the words are slightly sad, I actually wanted tell how happy I am to have such awesome friends.

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...