Thursday, September 17, 2015

Woman in Orange




Did you see her? Did you see her?
Did you see how all of the eyes of the ballroom fell upon the outlandish gal?
Look! She just walked in through the double doors;
The mysterious, rebellious woman in orange!
Among the crowd of the colorless, the similar,
She usually lets herself disappear;
But tonight, she doesn’t care what anyone else thinks.
Her dress is bright, her spirit is even brighter;
Tonight, she won’t just sit on the sidelines.

As the spotlight shines,
She forgets about each rule that she now undermines.
As she twirls, waltzes, laughs by herself,
Her mind is full of enchanted thoughts.
Her heart feels vibrant, marvelous;
Her soul grows excited, adventurous.

Her dress is a dazzling pumpkin color, flowing, glittery;
She can hear people harshly whisper: “How gaudy!” 
But she grins impishly and says: “This is me, embrace me,”

“Dwelling over pleasing you took too much of my energy!”  


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2015 

Be yourself! ;)

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...