Sunday, March 19, 2017

Youtube Is Blocking LGBTQ+ Content?!



I support the LGBTQ+ community because I believe that everyone, no matter what, should have equal rights. Today, I read that Youtube is now blocking LGBTQ+ content if the Restricted Mode is on. The Restricted Mode is for blocking inappropriate content. I tested it out. I left my Restricted mode off and searched for Gigi Gorgeous's video, "I Am Transgender". While the mode was off, I found the video right away but when I turned it on and searched for the same video, it was completely gone. Then, it came back when I turned the mode back off.I would understand if the videos had too much violence, or were too offensive or too sexual and Youtube was trying to hide these things from younger viewers (I monitor what my niece watches on Youtube, I get it) but the LGBTQ+ videos that Youtube are now blocking have none of these things. It's mostly coming out videos and videos of youtubers, who already came out, sharing their feelings, thoughts, and their experiences. They're not shoving their beliefs and lifestyles down other people's throats or anything. They're exercising their right to the freedom of speech and they're just being themselves. Also, these videos could help teenagers/young adults who are unsure about their sexual orientation or who are too scared to come out. They could see what they're feeling is okay. They could see other people who are going through the same things. Being something else other than straight isn't inappropriate or offensive. I hope that Youtube will change this. 

   

No comments:

"Someone" Called Me A Sociopath... πŸ™„

  Well, someone called me a sociopath tonight. πŸ™„It was said as a joke, but I'm overthinking it now. Lol. Am I lacking empathy? Am I ant...