Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Are Riverdale Writers Trying to Ruin the Show?




Spoiler alert:  If you haven't seen this year's musical episode yet, don't read this. 

Riverdale's yearly musical episode was great! The Archies finally got a debut on Riverdale. I was so happy. It was cool but one of the sub-plots bothered me. During a song, Betty made out with Archie, cheating on Jughead. What the hell Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa?! In the comics, she was sort of a little goody-two-shoes. She even felt bad for just cheating in a school contest in one comic. Even though Betty has a darker side in the show, which I love 😉, she's still that sweet, good girl. Now, she's cheating on Juggy? 



Also, in the comics, Jughead didn't date at all, while Betty, Veronica, and Archie were in a love triangle. When the Riverdale writers decided to make Jug and Betty a couple back in season 1 though, I loved it because he has always been there for her in the comics when Archie was "dating" Veronica. It made perfect sense to me.



Now, Betty and Archie are betraying Jug and Veronica in the show without a thought? I don't know where the writers are going with this plot. I get trying to add more aspects of the comics into the show, which I'm totally down for, but making Betty cheat so the show might have that classic love triangle just seems lazy and trashy. I might be somewhat bias because Jughead is my favorite character from the comics but he deserves better than people stabbing him in the back without him knowing. They're all supposed to be best friends!



I have theories and hopes about what will happen next. Maybe Jug is in a coma from the hit to the head that he got from an attack in the episode, "Chapter Seventy: The Ides of March" and he's in a nightmare, where "dark Betty" has totally taken over.  



Everything that happened after that episode has been just a bad dream, including Betty and Archie cheating. I hope that writers will fix this with a dream-sequence. I'll be absolutely content with a cheesy season finale, as long as Jughead is okay.  



Smooches and think Tink! 


No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...