Thursday, October 14, 2021

MY EYES! (a horror Halloween story)

 



My eyes! The pain is excruciating! What's happening?! I woke up a few hours ago in my queen-sized, canopy bed in my New York City loft and my eyes still can't open! My eyes are swollen, extremely inflamed; bleeding like a scarlet, hot stream running down my face. I can't see anything but red. Then, I realize with terror that my inner-demons that I always fight off are now clawing and stabbing me behind my eyes, trying to crack the windows to my soul. I'm still in my bed, writhing in agony. The louder that I scream, sob, and plea for relief, the more I'm tortured with intense eye pain! 

I can't take it anymore! I just need to make it stop! I sit up in bed. Desperately feeling around my nightstand with my hand, I manage to find my curved blade that I keep by my bed for protection. Forcing my upper-eyelid open, I slowly begin to push and scoop each eyeball out of each socket with the blade. Even though I'm adding to the pain and more blood is spraying everywhere, I tell myself between shrieking that this will end my suffering. 

My eyeballs finally plop out and are dangling from the sockets. I sever my eyeballs from the nerves and arteries, and throw them across the room. I'm unable to see it but my shadowy inner-demons soar out of my now empty eye sockets and disappear into the walls. Blood is still gushing, I'm now blind, and I feel faint but at least the pain is gone. I can't feel anything. It's a good thing, right?


©Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2021 

Song and video by: Rusty Cage 

I'm currently recovering from pink eye. When it was bad, it felt like I was being stabbed in my eyes. My illness inspired a mini story. Don't worry, my eyes didn't really bleed; just felt like it, lol. Happy Halloween! 

Smooches and think Tink! 



   

No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...