Saturday, April 28, 2012

Security Blanket

 



Like a child with their security blanket, I tightly clung onto the sweet memories of you. You were my prince charming-like crush. I knew that you were the only one who wouldn’t ever hurt me so you became permanently imprinted in my mind. With a smile warmer than the summer sun, you were the happy thought that I always escaped to when reality became too overwhelming. Now, seeing you holding her, I realize that it’s time to let go of my security blanket and let you grow up. You’ll always have a special place in my heart but I’m moving on. I need to stop hiding in a fantasy that won’t come true just because of insecurity.  You’re my best friend now and I only want you to be happy. 





(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2012 

I was remembering things while I was listening to an old play list.

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...