Monday, November 16, 2020

Not 16 (a random love poem)

 




When I was a young girl,

I thought that love had to be like a fairytale;

As perfect as a beautiful work of art 

so I never truly gave away my heart. 

I just played pretend 

with friendship bracelets, plastic promise rings, and valentines. 

Now, my adolescence since had been long gone, 

I yearn to be completely loved and wanted for my heart and mind. 


I'm not sixteen anymore, 

I want more than a boy holding my hand. 

I need a tight embrace, sweet caresses, entwining bodies, a soulmate; 

Someone fascinating, accepting, and so passionate.   


(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2020 

Music by: EnVogue 

Smooches and think Tink! 💋


No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...