Sunday, August 9, 2015

Wonderland Camp, August 2015






I had so much fun at Wonderland Camp last week! I was in the FHB cabin this time. I saw my old friends: Dustin, Jason, Libby, Tucker, Kortney, Gianna, Nicole, Rachel, Julie, JJ, Hannah, and Scott. I also made new friends: Barbie, Dee, Emma, Lizzy, Beverly, and Melissa. On Sunday, check-in was early and Scott and his girlfriend, Robyn, came to visit me for a while. Later that evening, we had a campfire. With everyone singing bubbly camp songs in the background, Kortney and I laughed and socialized. Then, we ate my camp favorite; delicious s’mores. It was a good day.

On Monday morning, we had Art and Crafts and we tie-dyed our shirts. I tie-dyed my shirt orange and dark purple. Then, we shot bb guns for Nature. Dustin helped and it was cool. During the afternoon, we had time at the pool/splash pad. It was cold but refreshing during the hot day. After lunch and rest time, we had Free Flow (a free hour) and we went to karaoke. Everyone was clapping happily and cheering for each other. I sang “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift. It was fun. Later that evening, we built a mini boat out of the boxes and had boat races. We were loudly chanting: “FHB, FHB, FHB” as we won the boat race.

On Tuesday morning, we went down to the waterfront and rode the big boat. I didn’t sleep at all. I was having too much fun with Barbie and looking around. We saw a huge restaurant on the lake that had an amazing looking pirate ship that reminded me of Peter Pan. After rest time, we had Music. We made shell shakers out of paper and rocks and listened to music. Then, for Rec, I rode the mini zip-line. With the dirt swooshing underneath my feet, I flew across in the air. My stomach being tickled from the inside, I couldn’t stop laughing. I love that thing! Later that evening, we had a carnival. There was sweet cotton candy, vibrant music, games, a dunking booth, and even horses. The wind then picked up and it started storming at the end but it was awesome. 

On Wednesday morning, Kortney, JJ, Barbie, and I went to the game room. We were laughing and telling stories. Barbie was so cool and silly. I loved hanging out with her. Then, during rest time, we watched the movie,  ‘the Little Rascals’. I’ve seen it many times but it was relaxing since it was a rainy day. In Art and Crafts, we colored and just hung out. Later that evening, the talent show began. Kortney and Hannah sang “Cruise” by Florida Georgia Line. I was proud of them. I read a funny, scary story that I wrote earlier that week for my talent. The story wasn’t like what I usually write. It was short and very sugar-coated but it was for camp. It was fun to write and read. It was called ‘the Wonderland Camp Ghost Story’. The talent show was heart-warming and entertaining.

On Thursday, we had Art and Crafts and made paper turtles. While other people colored their turtles with bright colors, I tried making my turtle look demonic, coloring it black with red eyes and Barbie drawing a skull on it.  Then, for Music, we played Four Squares (like Musical Chairs) and played Music Jeopardy (music trivia). My sister would proud that I knew all of the Johnny Cash songs. After rest time, we had time at the pool/splash pad. Barbie was hilarious, singing and dancing in the water. After pool, for the rest of the afternoon, we got ready for the dance. Barbie spiked my hair into a fohawk and put winged eye shadow on me, using my purple and black eye shadows. It was so cool! She also painted my nails black and put on my favorite red lipstick. Later that evening, the dance began. I wore my favorite purple shirt, black pants, and black Mary Janes. There was a red carpet at the dinning hall’s door like a prom. There were black lights everywhere but everyone had glow sticks. The music was booming, as everyone was laughing, dancing, and singing at the top of their lungs. I danced with all of my friends and had a blast! Dance night will always be my favorite!!

On Friday, everyone was packing up to go home. Fridays are my least favorite. I am ready to go home but at the same, I don’t want to leave my friends. I don’t get too sad normally though because I know that I’ll be back in October. There will be more adventures to experience, more stories to tell. I have another bunch of memories to hold onto.  



No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...