Friday, January 27, 2017

My Thoughts on Riverdale



Riverdale premiered last night and I loved it. Before the premiere, I was a little concerned that it was going to be too dark, considering it's based on the Archie comics. The Archie comics, which I adore, are usually bubbly and funny but Riverdale is cool. Yes, it's darker but it's still about Archie. Quirky Archie Andrews is just sexier than before (like he has finally hit puberty lol). 

I love that an emo Jughead is narrating the show and I love that it's a teenage murder-mystery. Cheryl Blossom's twin brother, Jason "drowns" in the river on the fourth of July but his body isn't found until later. There's mystery about the actual cause of Jason's death.


Veronica is still bossy and bitchy (lol) like in the comics but in the show, she's bitchy only to the mean people. She isn't the queen bee either and she's very nice to Betty. Betty, who's surprisingly my favorite Archie girl, is still a goody-goody like in the comics but in the show, her mother seems unstable and controlling. The infamous love triangle between Archie, Betty, and Veronica in the comics isn't on the show but it's obvious that both girls like him. Archie is also keeping a serious secret but I don't want to give anything away. I can't wait until next week. You should watch!

No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...