Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Single Queen 2014



Some women my age are so blind going into dating. They’re desperately searching for Mr. Perfect, kissing every “frog,” no matter how slimy they are but I’m different. Yes, once upon a time, I was that girl who thought that finding a man was key to happiness and that I would fall in love quickly with prince charming like a Disney princess but after several cheaters, dozens of liars, one crush that went absolutely nowhere, and one deranged, schizophrenic, controlling guy, whom I’m pretty sure was the Jack the Ripper of the 21st century, that happily ever after belief soon changed. I’m not saying that I completely gave up on romance. My happily ever after is still out there. I still have the sweetest fantasies about love but I’m just not that helpless princess who is waiting longingly up in her tower for her knight-in-shining-armor to save her anymore. I’m the single and extremely happy queen who is enjoying life on her own. I’m very open minded. If romance wants to make an appearance and if there’s a guy out there who will prove to me that he’s my king, I’m all for it. He just has to impress me in a major way. Just saying I love you won’t be enough. There has to be respect and loyalty too.

I’m not looking everywhere for him either. He’ll find me and if it’s real, I’ll feel it. It’s true, I tend to flirt with guys online (bad habit) but let’s face it, that’s all pretend. I have to be myself with or without a man. I’ll always be happy as long as I have my family and friends. My joy, hopes, opinions, and dreams will always rein.   




No comments:

Dear Frenemies (a poem)

  Dear Frenemies,  I finally forgive you,  But you no longer have power over me.  I broke the strings, I unlocked the chains.  Unlike Wendy ...