Thursday, April 4, 2019

the 'Children of the Corn' Stare (a poem)




the Children of the Corn Stare

Hey kid, 
burning a hole into me 
with your creepy "Children of the Corn" stare; 
I promise you that I'm not a monster or an interloper. 
I'm just in a wondrous contraption called a wheelchair.  



(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2019 

Poet Notes: I get that some kids are just curious or fearful of my wheelchair because they don't understand, so they stare. It's normal but the staring gets creepy sometimes, 😁 lol, especially when it's more than one kid at a time. It reminds me of that movie, "Children of the Corn." It feels like they're staring right into my soul, muahaha! 😈😜 This poem just pokes fun at the awkward situation. 


Smooches and think Tink! 🧚🏻‍♀️πŸ’‹

No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...