Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mine (a poem)


 


Author Notes: I heard this mini poem as a jazzy song in a dream on Monday night. It sounded sort of weird but I really liked it and I've learned a long time ago not to question these things, lol. 😜 It was stuck in my head all day until I wrote it down. Enjoy! 😉😏

Mine

People say that "You can't always get what you want", 
but I'm calling their bluff. 
Just sitting on the sidelines will never be enough.  
This isn't a silly bet or an empty threat, 
definitely not a false hope or dream. 
This is happening...now. 

The confidence of a vixen
is going to be mine. 
The attitude of a queen 
is going to be mine. 
I know when I walk up to you, 
you'll see the wildflower side of who I am. 
Your love, your heart 
will be mine! 

(c)Lena Holdman, all rights reserved 2018 

Smooches and think Tink y'all! 





No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...