Thursday, October 18, 2018

My Thoughts on 'the Mind of Jake Paul'



Jake Paul is a controversial vlogger and actor who does crazy pranks and stunts. He practically got famous on Youtube for drama. Shane Dawson made an eight-video, documentary-like series about Jake Paul this month. The series investigated his life; the drama, his family, his friends and ex-friends, and whether or not if he's a sociopath. Shane got a lot of hate for doing this series because people don't like Jake and because of the psychological side of it but I think that this series was well made (the editing and all). It was like an investigative show (like 48 hours Mystery and/or Dateline). Shane was trying to get every side to every story. 

Jake isn't innocent in anything but he's so naive. I'm not diagnosing anyone but some things came to mind as I watched the final video. I personally think that Logan (Jake's brother) is the one who is the sociopath. Jake just acts like he has Peter Pan Syndrome. Peter Pan Syndrome affects people who do not want or feel unable to grow up; people with the body of an adult but the mind of a child. I know that it's weird for me to say that because I love Peter Pan (lol) and because I sort of act like this too at times, but even Shane said that Jake was "emotionally stunted". I could see that throughout the series. 

If you want to watch the series (I highly recommend it), here it is: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDs0tNoNYTz1P3dO8m5Wdv0WE2lPTQSJm 

Smooches and think Tink!

No comments:

Blessed Beltane 🌹

  Blessed Beltane!  Beltane or Bealtaine is the Gaelic May Day festival, marking the beginning of summer. It is traditionally held on 1 May,...